Content marketing is content created, shared, and curated within a community that aims to provide value.
There is no selling involved.
Basically, it is about helping your customers and community solve their issues.
In the paranormal world, there are loads of opportunities to do this:
- Listen to someone’s paranormal evidence and help them analyse it
- Provide house clearing for those with mischievous spirits.
- Give your thoughts on major debates, such as whether mediums are fake or real.
None of them includes selling.
So, why bother doing content marketing if you’re not selling?
Okay, I lied. You are technically selling. But, not in your good old traditional sense. You aren’t knocking on people’s door and convincing them to buy new windows and doors.
Let’s strip back to what we know.
We buy from two kind of sellers:
- Those who we know and have developed a relationship with.
- Those who actually know their stuff.
Face it, you’re weary when someone you’ve never met before tries to sell you something you’ve never heard of it.
We’ve all had those cold sales calls. I once had one claiming to be the Grand Master of the Illuminati, promising me $50,000 to join. I often wondered where I would be if I had accepted…
Content marketing helps potential customers to get to know you. Show off your personality in a video. Share your sense of humour in a funny picture. As they learn more about you, the more they’ll figure out if you’re the right match for them.
Content marketing also helps to show you actually know your stuff. Post that detailed report on your EVP findings. Debunk the most famous videos. Prove your knowledge and potential customers will trust you.
The best bit about content marketing?
If worked correctly, you may never have to get off your arse and find customers again. Instead, they will be running towards you with open arms ready to buy your tickets, read your research, and listen to you speak.
Well, we can all dream. But, you will notice a difference in the leads you create from producing content. And it feels so much better when a customer approaches you rather than the other way round. You feel wanted.
What are the benefits of content marketing?
I’ve already revealed the best bit about content marketing, but for you nerds out there, check these out:
- Your SEO ranking will increase. Producing great content on a consistent basis makes you more relevant to search engines.
- PPC (pay per click, basically ads) becomes worthwhile. No one clicks on an ad that provides no value. Great content provides great value.
- Social media gets boosted. Producing awesome content? It is going to get shared. A lot.
So, what makes great content?
There is a secret, so secretive that the MI6 may kill me for telling you this. You need to know the three E’s:
- Engaging – your content must make the reader react. Professional controversy is the best, but hard to master.
- Entertaining – when was the last time you bought something from reading some content that made you fall asleep? Exactly.
- Educating – Everyone loves to learn! Okay, you may have hated school, but actually learning about a topic you’re interested in, in an entertaining way is amazing. So, make sure your content actually teaches something.
What type of content is engaging, entertaining, and educating?
There are loads of ways to implement the three E’s:
- Blog posts
- eBooks or paperback
- Email newsletters
- Whitepapers (a serious sounding document that can be made fun!)
Okay, I’m giving away too many secrets.
Want to know more? Book your FREE 30-min consultation with me and let’s see how we can improve your marketing!
I cannot wait to help you.
(+44) 7429 012487